Aug 12, 2015

My Interview with Filmmaker Stanley Nelson, Jr.

A still from the documentary, "The Black Panthers: Vanguard of the Revolution," opening in September in New York City.
I have just posted links to my video interview with Stanley Nelson, Jr. whose documentary, "The Black Panthers: Vanguard of the Revolution," is a history of that political party. In the interview, Mr. Nelson speaks about the genesis of the film project, his choice of interviewees for the documentary, and the influence of the Black Panther Party on the civil rights movement, among many other topical issues. Mr. Nelson was gracious enough to grant me about 30 minutes; for easier viewing, our interview is divided into two parts. Check back soon for a link to my feature article on the documentary, which will appear in Film Journal International.